In this article you can read about the top ten vinyl records and their value. There are also suggestions on how to find the records as well as where to look for purchasing. It is to no surprise that artists like John Lennon and Elvis would be on the top ten rarest list.
Top Ten Rarest Vinyl Records
1. John Lennon & Yoko Ono – Double Fantasy (Geffen US Album, 1980) Note: Autographed by Lennon five hours before Mark David Chapman assassinated him. Value: $525,000
2. The Quarrymen – “That’ll Be the Day”/”In Spite Of All The Danger” (UK 78 RPM, Acetate in plain sleeve, 1958) Note: Only one copy made. Value: $180,000
3. The Beatles – Yesterday and Today (Capitol, US Album in ‘butcher’ sleeve, 1966) Value: $38,500, though more typically prices range from $150-$7500
4. Bob Dylan – The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan (CBS, US album, stereo 1963 featuring 4 tracks deleted from subsequent releases) Value: $35,000
5. Long Cleve Reed & Little Harvey Hull – “Original Stack O’Lee Blues” (Black Patti, US 78 RPM in plain sleeve, 1927) Value: $30,000
6. Frank Wilson – “Do I Love You?” (Tamla Motown, US 7” 45 RPM in plain sleeve, 1965) Value: $30,000
7. Velvet Underground & Nico – The Velvet Underground and Nico (US Album Acetate, in plain sleeve, 1966 with alternate versions of tracks from official release) Value: estimate $25,200
8. Elvis Presley - Stay Away, Joe (US, RCA Victor UNRM-9408, 1967) Note: One side promotional album.Value: $25,000
9. The Five Sharps - “Stormy Weather” (US, Jubilee 5104, 78 RPM, 1953) Value: $25,000
10. The Hornets - “I Can’t Believe” (US, States 127, 78 RPM, 1953) Value: $25,000
It is always wise to verify the values of the vinyl records considering most vinyl records worth value will increase as the years move forward. Searching on Ebay.com or Amazon.com can be a user-friendly way of searching a vinyl record’s value. Also, wanting to point out that most vinyl records that are classified as rare or valuable are typically vinyl records that have been autographed by the artist themselves.
When looking to purchase rare vinyls, Ebay.com is the most commonly used; especially when sellers may be selling a lot of vinyl records most of the time a buyer can luck out and receive a good deal on the amount to be paid out. This helps those who are looking to make a profit off of the vinyl records they want to purchase.